Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Our Little Suzie

I was clearing out some old email and found some great pics of little Suzie that the breeder sent us when we were looking at pug puppies. They are so precious! Before we got her, her name was Lucky Lady because she was the runt of the litter and almost died when she was a couple weeks old because she was so little.

Suzie and her siblings at 2.5 weeks old

Our little girl

Suzie & her brothers and sisters

Suzie's dad Joey

This is one of our pics & I had to share cause it's one of my faves. This was on Suzie's 1st b-day

For those that don't know the story about how Suzie's joined our family, Ian and I were casually looking at getting a pug (the dog of my dreams) to keep Clyde company. We trekked down to Covington to look at Suzie and I fell in love with her. After we looked at her I went out to the car and Ian went back in to talk to the breeder about buying her. He came out acting pissed and said that the breeder wasn’t willing to negotiate on the price. I was SO bummed. I told Ian the price didn’t matter and I wanted to get her regardless. Then to make matter worse, the breeder sent me an email the next day saying that Suzie/Lucky Lady had sold right after we looked at her. I spent the week dwelling on the dog that got away.

Well, a week later I came home to the most wonderful surprise. Ian was standing in my apartment with Suzie in his arms (he bought her the night we went and looked at her). I was in shock and I was so tickled with the surprise that I failed to notice the beautiful diamond engagement ring around her neck!!!

And three wonderful years later, we’re all one big happy family and Suzie is celebrating her 3rd birthday on July 12th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this story! I had no idea that Ian proposed w/ Suzy in hand. How sweet!