Monday, June 27, 2011

What's happening.

So much to blog about, so little time. Let's see, here's some of our highlights from the week/weekend.

Cal went to vacation bible school last week at St. Paul's & had a blast (& so did I since I had 3 hours of peace with my lil' one every morning). He came home every day and would sing his little head off about Jesus and even told us one night while getting ready for bed that he was going to "snuggle Jesus tonight." We're working on curing some serious mommy-attachment issues before he goes off to big-boy preschool in the fall and while I don't think he's fixed, it was good practice.

last day of VBS


(sorry about the sideways video, I took it on my camera & have no idea how to flip it)

On Saturday, Ian, the kids & I ran in the Mid-C Challenge (a race for employees/families of the 3 local PUDs) and we all came home with trophies. Cal got 1st in his division (stroller division, thanks to Ian) & Bennett got 2nd (thanks to me).

pre-racepost-raceobviously, all that running was tiring.Bennett turns 1 in less than a week & we're in full blown celebratory mode. And little mister has been taking a step here and there on his own and I've managed to miss all three occasions. But I guess it's only fair that he does it for his daddy since I get to see all his other tricks all day long. And this trick never gets old, the second he gets upside-down he automatically goes spread eagle. We took in an acting performance by Logan and #1 fan Cal was definitely impressed.

And we finished the weekend with a trip to Lincoln Rock to hang with Lars & the kids.

1 comment:

Kim @ The Gab said...

Hey Julie. Zach was at the race and in the stroller division too...I guess you guys were just too fast for him! I wasn't there to get pictures though. Great job on your run :)