Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The last week.

For the last couple of weeks things have been so crazy and all my days seem to blend into one (speaking of which I've been making Ian play Mancala w/ me so I can exercise my brain cause I really feel like this stay-at-home-mom thing is taking it's toll on my 'smarts') so here's a mish-mash of the week.

Cal's gymnastics class wrapped up for the summer & his class had their "big show" for friends & family. He was pretty tickled to show off his "tricks" for his fan club.
My sis, Logan & road tripped over to the westside for the Issaquah Highlands garage sale. More on that HERE. I was SOOOO excited to finally go since I missed out last year cause I was about to pop, and it definitely didn't disappoint. I'm already looking forward to next year. This was one of my scores, best $2 I've ever spent... And while us girls were off having fun, Ian got in lots of man time with the boys. Including a trip to the PUD's Lineman Rodeo.Cal wants to be just like daddy so of course he insisted that his apple juice was beer and walked through the park saying how good his beer was.

Cal's been dying for a hockey stick cause his toy hammer just wasn't cutting it, so after laying his eyes on one at a sporting good store and confessing his love for the "red hockey stick' to Ian & I over and over and over to point where we couldn't take it anymore (and telling me "I can't sleep cause I can't stop thinking about it"), we let him count his money, take $17 worth of quarters to the store & buy it. I don't think he's ever loved something as much as he loves this thing. He sleeps with it every night.

We celebrated this awesome dad on Sunday.

And had a BBQ with the fam to celebrate another awesome dad

And this week, Cal's been going to vacation bible school and is loving it (aside from some initial major seperation issues from momma). He's been singing about Jesus non-stop (& talking about how much he love Jesus & God). Love it!

2 comments:

Kim @ The Gab said...

I love the update - great stories. Your writing just makes me smile! I need to know more about this westside garage sale - sounds fun.
Have a good one :)

The Weber Family said...

Cal is hilarious! Calling his apple juice beer is the funniest thing I have ever heard! As for the stay-at-home-mom smarts, it is true isnt it. My mom has always said you are mentally as old as your youngest child...which means I am terrible two. =)
Happy Fathers day to Ian!