Monday, March 1, 2010

A little pregnancy update.

I realized I haven't posted much/said much about this pregnancy on the blog, probably because the second time around is a total different story. With Cal, I lived and breathed being pregnant everyday for 9+ months. When you have a very busy two year old, pregnancy takes a back seat. As weird as it sounds, during the first several months there were times where I'd totally forget I was pregnant... Now I have the lovely reminder of a protruding belly, back pains, etc. I still don't think the realization that we're going to be a family of four in less than 4 months has totally registered with us. Don't get me wrong, we're overjoyed with adding another little bundle of joy to the Hunter clan, we've just been moving so fast the last couple of months that it really hasn't sunk in. Here's a couple of my thoughts/updates on Baby H.

  • Being pregnant with #2 is is a 180 difference from being pregnant with Cal. Basically, being pregnant and taking care of a toddler kicks your ass. Never thought it was possible to feel so wiped. Guess this is good prep for having two kids. Up until about week 16 I felt like the life had been sucked out of me.

  • I am huge this time around. I started showing really early and right now compared to some pics of my belly with Cal, I look like I did around 7 months last time. Several ultrasounds later, I am still not convinced I'm not growing triplets in there ;) Or I'm going to have an even more mondo kid than Cal.

  • I'm around 23 weeks. My new dr. is going on the due date of 6/26, but I'm mentally sticking with my 7/1 due date (based on my first u/s). Don't want to get my hopes up early and I like the sound of July 1.

  • It's amazing on round 2 how early you feel baby kicks and this little guy is REALLY active, way more than I remember Cal moving. He goes, and goes and goes all day.

  • A glass of wine has never sounded so good.

  • Cal thinks he has a baby in his belly button.
  • Because of the move, we left all of the baby goods (clothes, swings, baby chairs, you name it) down from the attic. It's feels like just yesterday were were using all these contraptions with Cal. Crazy to think we're going to be back in baby mode again... soon.

No comments: