Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's no secret, he's still huge.

Cal had his two-year check up yesterday with his new pediatrician, and the kid is still huge... borderline gigantism. But everything is proportionate (height vs. weight) so he checked out just fine and is perfectly on track with all dev milestones for a healthy two-year old.

2-year stats:

  • weights: 35 lbs, 7 oz. -- 97%
  • height: 37 & 3/8 inches -- 97%

heading out to the dr., doesn't he look excited? and even more excited to be at the dr. His weight leads me to the question for all your momma's of two: to double stroller or not to double stroller? I was thinking about getting the Phil & Ted's buggy, but I'm worried that cause Cal's so big, he'll max out the weight, making it pointless to have a double. I don't want a double wide stroller (kids sitting side-by-side), but I want something that we can use for walking/running. Anyone have any suggestions? The kids will be about 2.5 years apart so I'm wondering if I can just bank on putting the baby in a carrier when Cal's in the stroller and expect Cal to walk when baby's in the stroller.

6 comments:

The Basels said...

Hey Julie
I didn't go with a double stroller. I did by another stroller though so now we have two but Baker actually walks most the time and if we do need him in a stroller we put Brooklyn in the carrier and take Baker in the stroller.

Jenni said...

That last picture is SO funny!

The McFarlane Family said...

If I didn't have the Phil and Teds I would get the CityMini double. As much as I love the P&T, I always have a little stroller envy when I see it. I use our double soooooooo much! I also like the Maclaren double for ease.

mary said...

Hey Julie, I HAD the Phil & Teds...Koren and Teags were 2 1/2 years apart and we used it as a double for maybe 2 months then he was OVER IT! Wanted to get out and walk and it wasn't worth the extra baggage for the occasional ride. So we swapped it for a Bob jogger which has a huge foot rest area and whenever he wants a ride (still) he can hop on. Although it's not meant for that purpose it's worked out awesome! Even through the airports, sand, mall etc.. The Phil & Teds does not do the best off the beaten track. It looks great, and super functional if the kids were closer in age I think.

The Hunter Family said...

Thanks all for the suggestions! Very helpfu!

Mills Family said...

Get a Sit and Stand stroller - they are the best. There's a full seat for the baby (with car seat holder), and then a little seat for Cal (and a step for him to stan on if he wants to).