Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Weekend fun.

Spring has sprung! The weather is getting nicer & the weekends are getting busier. We started last weekend with a 10k race. My sis spread the running bug to me and I'm hooked. Next up, my goal is to do a half marathon this year.

hanging pre-race w/ our #1 fan. Jenni crossing the finish and me (a little ways behind)Next up, Touch-a-truck. It's a fundraiser where there's all kinds of rigs (fire truck, police cars, cememt & garbage trucks, etc.) and the kids get to touch their hearts out. Here's a look at last year's shindig. garbage man Cal. How cool is this - they let the kids spray the fire hose. Luckly Cal insited on wearing his "fire chief hat" (he wears it almost everyday) so he was dressed the part.

4 comments:

Kim said...

Run the Rock and Roll Half with Ali, Brooke and I in June! This will be my frist half. The longest I have ever run before was an 8K (last year.) DO IT!

The Weber Family said...

Nice job! Looks like a gorgeous day for a run! You should also do the leavenworth half - Dan and I have done it for the last few years and it is such a blast (and such a pretty course). Of course, the real reason for running it is to drink beer in the beer garden afterwards. =)

The Hunter Family said...

Kim - the rock & roll half sounds like a blast but I'm not sure I'd be ready in time...

Susy - I think I'm going to the Octoberfest half!! No better motivation for me than running towards a beer garden ;)

Jenni said...

Thanks Ian for taking photos!! And thanks for letting Lo hang at the TAT!