Friday, April 1, 2011

Dang it.

I thought I'd get Ian this year with a good ol' April Fool's joke. Ya, it's the oldest prank in the book but I had the perfect prop & I knew (unlike doing it to anyone else*) it wouldn't be mean cause Ian would NOT freak out with excitement. So, I've been sick with a cold/flu and I set the stage yesterday by over-exaggerating how nauseous I was. Then during the night I snuck into the bathroom and tucked a positive pregnancy test** on a piece of toilet paper next to the toilet on the floor. He was supposed to discover it when he got up at 5 a.m., come wake me up and be like WTF?! And I'd tell him that I woke up during the middle of the night, sicker than a dog, and figured it had to be morning sickness. Lastly, I figured April 1 wasn't on Ian's radar cause he didn't say anything about April Fools & I made sure not to mention it. Well, none of that happened, boo. After not saying anything this morning I finally asked him if he saw my surprise I left for him in the bathroom. He said no, thanks to some Dayquil he took last night that put him in a total fog last this morning....*When I was telling Ian about my bunk joke this morning he suggested that I post a pic of the stick on the blog and prank all you, but being the thoughtful person ;) I am I said it would be too mean.

**And in case you're wondering why I have a positive pregnancy test, I saved the tests (all 3 of them) I took when I found out I was prego with Bennett (& wiped them down w/ Clorox wipes). There is nothing that makes me smile more than looking at those 2 little pink lines.

No comments: