Friday, January 29, 2010

Cal's double life

So Cal was in daycare 2 days a week and Ian and I always joke about how he's got his own thing going on there and it's like he has this little second life that we don't know about. He's got all these friends, learns all kinds of new things, etc. He comes home from school and does things that Ian and I are like "what, where did you learn that?" One example is that he just got a new boom box at home to listen to his CDs and they must play musical chairs at school, cause he always sets his chair up around his boom box, runs around it in circles and then sits really fast. It took me a minute to catch on to what I think he's doing.
Then the other day when I picked him up, we're walking out the door and he stops and says, "bye Nena." Nena's a girl in his class and I was like whoa, didn't know you're on a first name basis with all of your friends. Then Cal's teachers made him an adorable book on his last day. When we got home and were looking through the book ad he was pointing out his friends, Hannah, Jamie and AJ. What?! I guess he's going to miss his friends more than I thought...

(I accidentally spilt some water on the book on the drive home)
For those that don't know, my family calls me Duwee and apparently Cal picked up on this and the other day I was no longer Mom, I was Duwee.

1 comment:

The Gibbons' in Sunny California! said...

So cute! Welcome to the CRAZY world of stay-at-home Mom/Cook/Cleaner/Chauffeur/Wife/Etc,Etc,Etc! It's great! You'll do great!