Monday, January 26, 2009

And he's off...

Cal took his first steps tonight on his own! Ian had him on one side of the room and I was on the other and off he went. Took a couple tries and I think we maxed out at about four steps but he did it a bunch of times. No video cause we were too consumed with yelling, clapping, hugs, etc. I think he's got a little ways to go before he's full blown walking but my goal (might be a long shot) is his first b-day.

In other news, we had a fabulous weekend. Cal got to go visit his favorite place on earth (well at least his parents), Pullman. We road tripped it over for a b-ball game (WSU vs. USC) and took Cal on a little campus tour while we were there to familiarize him with we're he'll be living in 18 years. To my surprise the decrepit live-out that I lived in was still standing, barely. But the two houses that Ian lived in after frat-life were torn down. Says something about the living conditions he subjected himself too.

We also swung by Wenatchee for the night to kick it with the fam and celebrate my mom's b-day and my belated b-day.

Passing time in the car with lots of peek-a-boo. Where's Cal?

Go Cougs! Yelling at the Cougs to get fired up Cal discovering his love for popcorn. He ate over half the tub... Tuckered out from the game
Eleanor's with the fam
Red Robin fun
Party time with auntie Jenni

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for a great birthday, it was fun celebrating with you for your birthday too! Can't wait to see Cal walking at his birthday.
Love,
Mom (Gram) :-)

Joshua said...

No video of him walking, huh? Sounds a little suspicious to me. I bet you guys saw bigfoot too, but forgot to take video of him as well. Too bad :)

The Basels said...

Baker Loves popcorn too. He cant get enough of it. His grandpa got him started on it and now everytime he sees him he says "pacown" its pretty cute. Cal wil be walking by his birthday. Once they find out they can, its off to the races :)

Jenni said...

Love the pics...except the last one..can't you photo shop me out, I don't think I approved it!

Joe and Gina said...

yeah!! Forget the gym, you and Ian are about to get your daily workout! Can't wait to see him in action.