Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Methow

Over Memorial Day Weekend we spent a day in one of my most favorite places (aside from my new love, Bend), The Methow.  First up was Mazama for a fun run.  My sis and I did a 10k trail run (well, a 6.6 mile 10k) and Ian and the boys did a 1k. The kid's run was darling, seeing all those kids running through a meadow was priceless.  And Cal's competitive side definitely came out. Pre-run he was telling us how he was going to run fast, push kids out of the way and win. And then Ian caught him giving another kid a major stare down before takeoff. Looks like my little dude has the runner's bug like his mama cause as soon as he was done, he wanted to know when he could do another race.

The trail run my sis and I did was beautiful. It was my first trail run and I love it. We ran through the woods, along the river, etc. I definitely think we have an annual Memorial Day weekend tradition on our hands.
so happy to see the finish line
the highlight for this guy, the horses
after the race and spending some time in Mazama, we went into Winthrop for a little wine tasting, park fun & shopping.
No trip would be complete without a stop at Twisp River Pub... best food ever!

check out my sista's blog for even more pics from our adventure.

No comments: