Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Mystery of the missing bottom tooth.

One of my biggest superficial parenting fears is my kid falling down & knocking out a tooth.  Well, how ironic is it that Bennett is missing one of his bottom teeth?!

So for the longest time, our little dude only had 7 teeth - 4 top & 3 bottom.  Then, all of his other teeth, aside from his toddle molars, came in within a couple months.  Because they came in so fast I didn't keep track of which ones came in and their order. So a full mouth of teeth later, I was inspecting his mouth and noticed that he only had 3 front bottom teeth....  What the heck.

So a couple weeks ago, B had his first dentist appointment. His teeth checked out just fine, aside from the minor issue that the dentist confirmed he only has 3 bottom teeth!  Say what?! I guess it's not totally unheard of that some teeth just don't come in.  Either there was just never a tooth to come in or two teeth fused together before coming in to form one big tooth.  So what does this mean for his permanent teeth (my first question)?  Well once he's a little older they can do x-rays to see if there's a permanent tooth. And if there isn't, well that's a good question. Like the dentist said, at least it's one of his bottom teeth.

3 comments:

Pa said...

I think I would be questioning a Cal factor somehow!!

Tooth Fairy said...

I have his tooth. What happened to the $ I left under his pillow?

Kim @ The Gab said...

This was a funny post...although probably not to you :)
Sure is a cute pic of Bennett though.