Thursday, January 13, 2011

Aloha!

We're back from a wonderful vacation across the Pacific. We spent 6 days soaking up 80+ degree weather in Maui & came back to driving through a blizzard on the pass and temps in the 20's. Welcome home.

It really was a great trip, the kids were fabulous. Some takeaways...

  • Regardless of how good your kids are, a 5.5 hour flight is never fun. I do have to say, the kids did better than I expected and I haven't sworn off flying forever with them.
  • No matter how many times I go to Maui, it NEVER gets old. However, next time I think we might visit Kauai or the big island.
  • Maui is safe, very safe & I like that peace of mind, especially when traveling w/ kids. You can leave your car door wide open for over 2 hours in a parking lot while shopping and no one will bother with it. Instead, you come back to find someone waiting with it to make sure everything is ok (ask Ian about that).
  • Even if the weather is a little crummy one day, Hawaii is Hawaii and it's paradise.
  • There's nothing more serene than a walk on a nearly empty beach.
  • Whales & dolphins in the wild are nothing short of amazing.
  • It's never too early to crack a beer when you're on vacay.
  • 6 days is a good length vacation with kids, 7 or 8 would be perfect.
  • There's nowhere else I would have rather celebrated my last days in my 20's.
  • Ian is easily my most favorite person to travel with, so much fun.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Customize a picture slideshow

1 comment:

Joe and Gina said...

Looks like SO much fun!! Glad you survived the flight. In the pic of Ian & the boys sitting on the bench at Bubba Gump's, I did a double take at the feet... I thought they were Ian's shoes...his feet aren't that much smaller! ;) Glad you had a great vaca!! Next trip is a weekend at Hotel Hinton! No mai tai's & sunshine, Coors Light will have to do. :)