Saturday, January 1, 2011

6 months already

Can you believe it? I sure can’t. I can’t believe we’re half way to the 1 year mark.

A little note about/to my little mister..

Watching you change from a newborn to a little person these last couple of months has been rewarding (and also a little sad cause I do miss your 100% dependency on me). You’ve brought more happiness to our family than I could have ever imagined. I count my blessings everyday that I get to be your mom & for your health after a slightly turbulent pregnancy. You are the PERFECT addition to our family which has proven to me that everything happens for a reason.

You love to snuggle, you love food (so far you've had rice cereal, carrots, sweet potatoes, apples, pears, peas & avocado), your hair is finally coming back and it’s growing in dark (love this), you sound like an old man when you toot, you’ve got pretty sensitive skin and the back of your head does not like our carpet, I have no idea who you look like aside from some resemblance of Cal when he was your age, you've got the most adorable little ears that stick out a bit, you love your brother more than anything else and get the biggest smile when you see him, he talks to you, etc., you want to touch/hold everything and everything goes in your mouth, I could go on and on about your smile – it’s contagious and you put your whole body into expressing your happiness, you've got lots of facial expressions, you squeal in delight, you move/jump and like to stand more than any other infant I’ve known and could jump in your jumper all day, you’ve got quite the grip and I swear you’ve pulled out ¼ of my head of hair, your face lights up when you see a mirror, I’m very thankful for your easy going personality and your chill demeanor made our transition to a fam of 4 easier than I expected, you don’t like it when I wait too long to feed you, you’re pretty particular about where you fall asleep now and rarely conk our if you’re just being held (you like sleeping in your crib, car seat, stroller & ergo) you refuse to take a pacifier, as of recently you’re not a fan of bottles, you have one tooth, our biggest struggle w/ you over the past 6 months was transitioning you out of being swaddled at 4 months and I have a feeling you’re going to be mobile sooner than I’d like.

rocking big brother's new head lamp

and someone was NOT happy about it...

2 comments:

Joe and Gina said...

What, I can't believe it's been 6 months?! We need to see this little guy in action sooner rather than later!! Happy New Year Hunter fam!

Jenni said...

Man we love those little guys! Can't wait for Cal to come play when you get back!