Saturday, March 21, 2009

Crib destructor no more

Cal has a horrible habit of chewing on his beautiful crib and he's done some serious damage to the front and side rails... We've been looking for several months for something to protect it from his chompers but finding guards for cribs with wide-rails are not easy to come by.... until now. Cal's not too pleased we took his wood snack away from him.

the destructor's mouth after a chewing session

the damage (this pic doesn't do the damage justice) the solution!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm sure he will figure out something else to chew on!!!
Gram :-)

Jenni said...

Poor guy..he's going to be hungry without his midnight snack!

Joe and Gina said...

omg, Cal is a little beaver. It is way worst than I imagined! Glad you found a solution!!

Unknown said...

Please tell me where you got that!!! Emily's started doing it too.

The Schlameus Family said...

Wow - that is awesome, I like how in the blog you say you are trying to protect the beautiful crib, not your beautiful baby - funny blog, thanks for sharing!

The Hunter Family said...

HAHA, that's pretty funny. I am a little more concered about the crib and not my sons teeth :0 I've learned from all the falls he's taken when learning to walk that he's pretty resiliant. Actually, the good thing about the rail covers too is that Cal thinks his crib is a trampoline so he holds on to the rails and bounces with all his mite. One day he slipped and whacked his chin and bit his tongue. I will the save the gory details but it was not good (especially since I was home alone). These new covers will hopefully provide a little more cushion now.

The Hansen Family said...

Where did you get these crib rail covers? Gabe has started to gnaw on his crib and his face looks similar to Cal's when he's done. I remembered seeing this post and am dying to know where you got them! (P.S. Just so you remember, we met at Emilie's right before she had Della!)