Thursday, February 13, 2014

Emmie's Baptism

Emmie was baptized on January 12th and it was such a beautiful day. I've been meaning to post about this for the last month but I was hoping to go through all the pics my (now) future brother-in-law took during the baptism, but I'll have to get to that and post those a little later. 

We scheduled the baptism before Bennett got sick and post-sickness we went back and forth on whether or not we should reschedule since he wasn't able to attend and we had so much going on with his recovery. However, knowing it's such a special event in her life we kept it on the 12th. And I'm so glad we did. It was the Feast of the Baptism which gave it so much relevance that specific day.  Father Tom's homily was perfect and so memorable. And even more memorable, was that little lady wore the Christening gown that I was baptized in 32 years ago.
Emmie & her Godfather, Joe.  We missed you Godmother Gina!
  
  
the dress
and the gown overcoat
  

No comments: