Thursday, September 5, 2013

Preschool-ready

Before heading out for day #3 of kindergarten-greatest my shoe-loving 5 year old requested that I retake his first day of school pic now that his new school shoes finally came in the mail. So here it is, a re-do. Kindergarten is going fabulous. When I picked up Cal today, the first thing he said was, "today was pretty awesome!"
Such a crazy year with one kiddo starting full-time school and the other starting preschool... Bennett had his preschool orientation this morning at St. Joe's. And he had zero hesitation about staring school and being away from mom, this kid already thinks he rules the school. He told me all about his new friends (and playing with old friends thanks to having several already established buddies in his class), the fun things they did for an hour while the parents were out of the room and was SO proud of the craft he made. The best part, is how excited/proud he was to show Cal his craft and the sticker he got for being good.  Although, while we were after-school grocery shopping, I told Bennett he needed to keep his hands to himself and his response was, "my teacher told me that at school too!"
a 2-coffee kind of morning before orientation
showing off his rainbow fish

2 comments:

Jane said...

LOVE that he wanted a re-do to show off his new shoes. A kid after my own heart!

The Gibbons' in Sunny California! said...

So cute - those handsome boys of yours!