Friday, September 21, 2012

Day 11

Today was day 11 of Wenatchee's air quality being at a "hazardous" level. And we're not just talking hazardous for high risk categories, it's for everyone. I've tried to be a good sport and limit my complaining cause we're all in the same boat over here, but I'm so over it. We were hoping that when we'd come back from Vegas things would be better... not the case, it just keeps getting worse. It's hard to imagine how bad it actually is unless you see/breath it yourself. Imagine a really bad fog with poor visibility, but that fog is actually smoke... and dealing with this for 11 days with no relief in sight. I miss seeing a blue sky. It's depressing, annoying & makes you feel a bit claustrophobic knowing there are fires burning in the hills around us but not being able to see them cause you can't see any mountains. We can't even see across the river. Our house smells like smoke, our clothes reek, we're all sick (soar throats, burning eyes, headaches, nausea, etc.). Some schools are canceled, all outdoor activities have been canceled indefinitely (i.e. Cal's soccer, boo), and we're stuck inside. We are not homebodies so the boys and I are going a little nuts. The only solution is to leave town. Ok, there's my vent. Here's a little look at some of the things that we've been doing indoors to pass the time.
yesterday I brought in reinforcements
and today I managed to get all 3 kiddos to 3 different schools, on time (maybe even a bit early)!

No comments: