Tuesday, May 4, 2010

T-minus 8 weeks...

The countdown is really on and the weeks seem to be flying by. When I was pregnant with Cal each week couldn't come fast enough. And this time around I'm hoping these last weeks go by slow and that baby decides not to come early so I can enjoy every single minute that I have with Cal.

Emotionally (and physically) this pregnancy has been really different than round 1. With Cal, it was all the unknowns of not having a kid, wondering if I had enough diapers and sleepers, labor & delivery, etc. that was keeping me up at night. This time around, all my thoughts are centered around Cal - how's he going to do when he has to share our attention with his brother, will he still know how much we love him when I can't give him my 100% all the time, will he like having a little brother, what will baby #2 be like compared to Cal, and more. We set the bar really high with Cal, so it's slightly stressing me out wondering what our next little boy is going to be like compared to him. And most importantly, I just want him to be healthy.

Besides all the "what ifs," I feel fairly ready to be a momma of two and I'm SO excited to meet this little guy in 8ish weeks!

Poor kid is already getting the second kid syndrome as our worlds haven't revolved around this pregnancy like they did with Cal. Ian and I realized last night that we haven't taken one belly shot. So for the safe of having proof that I did carry this child for 40 weeks, here's the belly at 32 weeks.

4 comments:

The Gibbons' in Sunny California! said...

Love it! You look great, Julie!

The Schlameus Family said...

You look amazing Julie (no surprise) - and Cal will LOVE having a brother to horse around with. Brett wouldn't replace Brooke for the world but if I had a dime for every time he's said, "man, it would have been so much fun growing up with a brother..."

The Basels said...

Julie I felt the same way through my second pregnancy! It was completly differant. I had Bakers room done months before he was born and didn't even have Brooklyns room done when she was born! The good news is everything works itself out and things fall into place quickly and you forget what it was like with just one! Good luck!

Stephanie Allen said...

Looking good Julie!! Cal will be such a fantastic brother...and I bet he'll even share his farm animals. :) xo