Monday, August 25, 2008

Poor kiddo

Cal has been so miserable feeling and his temp reached 102+ last night so we took him to see the dr. today. Turns out that he has ear infections in both ears which explains the irritability, pain, soaring fever, complete refusal of sleep, etc. He got antibiotics that we're hoping will work miracles soon. The dr. said he should start feeling better within 24 hours of starting them (please lord!).

It's not the taking care of him that's bad, it's the seeing him in so much pain that just breaks my heart. The only good that has come out of this is that all he wants to do is be held and snuggle and I can't get enough of the snuggling.

Ian and I are walking zombies... Over the course of the last two nights I think we've each got a total of no more than 6 hours of sleep, and things don't seem like they'll be looking up tonight.

AND, just when you thought it couldn't get worse - Cal's 2nd bottom tooth is breaking through the gums. AHHHH!

1 comment:

mary said...

I knew he just wasn't his normal happy-go-lucky self! I'm sorry it didn't work out on Sunday but i'm looking forward to seeing the little guy in is own element next weekend!