Monday, October 22, 2007

Baby Hiccups

This morning we felt/saw what were definitely baby hiccups! I (Julie) was lying on a chair and after feeling several repetitive movements, just thinking that baby was awake and moving around, I noticed that my stomach was also visibly moving up and down. We could not only feel the hiccups and the baby’s whole body move, but we could see them too! We got a kick out of watching my stomach move and jerk. They lasted about five minutes and I am certain they were hiccups as the movements were like clockwork.

Everything is going well. The baby is moving A LOT (kicking and “swimming”) and sometimes he kicks so hard it startles me. We have our 7 month appointment next Wednesday and will give another update then.

We are getting the house ready for baby which means moving a lot of stuff to the attic to make room. We are still waiting to get our baby furniture so we can start setting up the nursery (it takes 8-12 weeks after ordering it so we should get it in the next month or so). We registered at Babies R’ Us this weekend, not Ian’s favorite thing to do, but since my mom spared him of registering at Target with me I drug him along this time :)

No comments: