Saturday, September 21, 2013

A week's worth of pics.

Life with our 3 beautiful children could not be better. It just feels right. The boys love their sis so much and have wanted to be very involved in all things Emmie (a good & a bad thing :) Emmie is taking all the craziness of our household in stride, and pretty much just sleeps through it all... literally. It's funny, in the hospital right after she was born, she cried and cried and cried. I remember thinking, oh lord, I hope I remember what to do. As soon as she got home and settled she's been as peaceful as can be. It's bittersweet knowing you're done having kids cause I find that I'm putting so much pressure on wanting to make sure we remember all the little things.  And that's exactly what I am trying to do each & every day. Remember her littleness, how much she wants to cuddle, how her favorite spot is to curl up in a ball and lay on my chest, her delicate and feminine little sounds and squeaks, her long & lean & wrinkly feet, how much she likes her hands by her face, etc. She seems like such a tiny peanut, being our littlest baby. This is our first babe to ever wear newborn diapers, and I haven't been able to play 'dress-up' as much as I'd like since none of her 0-3 month clothes fit yet. But I'm embracing every bit of littleness, knowing it won't last long.
crazy that this is what we were up to at 7:30 last Saturday night...
and 3 hours later we were doing this!
I might be having a little too much fun with accessorizing.
I have a PINK bracelet!
homeward bound.
her brothers always want to make sure she has plenty of toys
full heart, full lap.
her most favorite place to be.
being 4 days old is rough.
4 day old check-up. Weighting in at 8 lbs.
first bath

2 comments:

The Gibbons' in Sunny California! said...

More great pics - I can even see her eyes in a couple of 'em! :-)

Kim said...

The one with all the toys got me to laugh outloud. What good big brothers she has! So sweet... Congrats again on your family of FIVE!!