Wednesday, June 15, 2011

T Minus 2 weeks...

Countdown is on until Bennett turns 1, and I’m kinda having a hard time with it. I don’t know what it is about the 1 year milestone, but it makes me an emotional mess (same with Cal). It's the reality that my baby will soon be a toddler not a baby, that I don’t get to say his age in months anymore or that everyday they need mama a little less. Also, it probably has a little something to do with this being the fastest year of my life, hands down.

It seems like just yesterday I was hugely prego, dilated to a 4 for weeks thinking little man was going to come any minute, that I was being induced and had the world’s fastest labor since B was beyond ready to make his debut, that I was a little freaked out when it came time to deliver cause there was no dr. around since baby came so fast and it was in the hands of the nurses (fortunately my dr. ran – literally - into the room, work clothes and all and was there to welcome Bennett into the world), that the first words out of my mouth when I saw B were “look at all that hair,” B crying and crying and crying when he was put on my chest and me thinking "crap, what do I do," and then he stopped when it was time for the first bath and didn't make another peep while at the hospital, the immensely grateful feeling that consumed me after B was born for his good health after a bit of a scare when I was prego, our first night together (just me & B) in the hospital since Ian couldn't stay cause I was in a shared room (that’s a whole other story), and bringing baby home and it just feeling right having the two boys under our roof.

Here’s to the last 2 weeks of calling my boy my 11 month old!

dance party in the bath tub!

No comments: